Mac Data recovery tools are highly useful for getting back your lost Mac files in any data loss situation that you might face. Just like windows based systems, there are various scenarios under which you lose your Mac data. Following are some common reasons of Data loss in Mac based systems.
1. Disk initialization
2. Virus or Trojan Attack
3. Bad Sector
4. Volume header corruption
5. Master directory block corruption
6. Node corruption of catalogue files.
Apart from the above mentioned situation, there could be various other reasons of data loss. Your chance of recovering your lost data increases if you know which software is the best for getting your data back.
In order to get the best hard drive recovery experts for your Mac system; you should double check the following points before your shell our your hard earned money
1. Compatibility – It is quite obvious. You must go through the user manual or the technical specifications of the software to find out if it is compatible with your OS.
2. Multi- Disk Drive Support– Make sure that your software is capable of recovering data from all IDE, EIDE, SCSI, and SATA, ZIP or USB drives.
3. Partition Recovery– Can your recovery utility recover lost or formatted partition? There are certain utilities that are capable of recovering file only from the existing partition and not from the formatted data.
4. Email Recovery – The recovery software should be able to recover emails as well. Check if it supports MS office, Macintosh files or Entourage repair.
5. All types of files recovery– There are various utilities that can recover only certain type of files therefore make sure that your recovery utility can retrieve different files, for example MXF,PTF.AAC, FH3..To FH 11, NSF, PMD, EPS etc.
6. Demo Version – A reliable recovery utility always comes with a demo version that can show you what file can be recovered. It guarantees the capability of the software and helps you decide if it is the right software for recovering your Mac data.
Usually Demo version gives you a preview of all recoverable files. Purchase the software only if you can view your lost files in the demo version.
Last but not the least, make sure that there is satisfactory refund policy and money back guarantee so that you can get your money back just in case you are not able to recover your data because of any reason. Mac data recovery tools are somewhat costlier than their windows counterpart but you will get the best value for your money if you keep above mentioned points in mind before paying for it.